Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cupcake love fail...

I meant to make it to the Portland Public Market today, so I could buy some cupcakes from Cupcake Cha Cha. This cold/sickness thing I've got going on just didn't allow that to happen. So instead, I will highlight cupcakes that I ate in Oregon.



These are mini cupcakes that I got from Saint Cupcakes, at their Deluxe location in Portland, Oregon.


I think going clockwise starting from the top left the flavors go Pumpkin Spice, Fat Elvis, vegan Red Velvet, I can't remember what this one is and Mint Buttercream on Chocolate. Their cupcakes were so tasty! I really love miniature things or just smaller versions of objects/food so I loved these tiny cupcakes. I also liked the fact that I could eat a whole bunch more of them than I could if I had bought normal sized cupcakes. I'm a variety girl, so if I can try more than one flavor of something at the same time I am all about it. This is why I love the Gelato Fiasco in Brunswick so much. I can not only try a lot of flavors before I decide on what I'm going to buy, but then I can get as many flavors as I want in my serving.

Back to cupcakes though. It kind of blew my mind how good the vegan Red Velvet cupcake was. The cake was moist and tasty, while the frosting was the perfect complement. I'm not sure why I thought that a vegan cupcake wasn't going to be that great, because I've had and made vegan cupcakes before that were good. I think it was such a surprise this time, because the cupcake was really adorable. I would like to think that I wouldn't judge a book by its cover or a cupcake by it's appearance, but when a cupcake looks really appealing it definitely makes it a better cupcake for me. Taste obviously matters, but it makes the perfect cupcake package when it is also visually appealing. I wish that I had picked out a few more of the vegan cupcakes so I could have tried them as well, but the non vegan ones were pretty amazing. I can't even remember which one was my favorite, but they were all really good.

If you happen to find yourself in Portland, Oregon you have to go to Saint Cupcakes. I also suggest going to their Deluxe location, because they have really adorable stationary/party supplies and an awesome antique store attached to it.

Saint Cupcake Deluxe

No comments:

Post a Comment