Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Bar of Chocolate





Last night my friend DeAnne and I went to The Bar of Chocolate on Wharf Street. It was our grand scheme for a few weeks to do a tour of "DeAnne's Favorite Bars", both of them I had not been to before (the other being the Armory). Our first stop was to The Bar of Chocolate. DeAnne had been there a few times and mentioned that sometimes they had cupcakes, so it was definitely something that I wanted to check out. They didn't have any cupcakes last night, but they did have a delicious boca negra, which was a bourbon chocolate torte. It was amazing. The torte was like the inside of a Dean's Sweets truffle. So decadent and rich.

DeAnne and I both had the torte and also absinthe, as you can tell from the pictures. It was the first time I have ever tried absinthe. The whole process was what I liked the most about it. We had to pour water over the sugar cube a couple of times for it to melt into the liquor. It was very sweet, if you have never had absinthe it has a licorice taste to it, and a nice pairing with the torte. The flavors balanced each other out really well. I really liked the whole atmosphere at The Bar of Chocolate. We sat in cozy chairs next to the windows, where we could see fancy patrons for Cinque Terre coming and going, while we enjoyed our treat. I can tell that for future ladies night's out on the town, we will definitely be hitting it up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment