Thursday, June 28, 2012

White Mountain Cupcakery - North Conway, NH



Last week we went to the White Mountains, specifically North Conway, for a few days away from the hustle and bustle of Portland. I was quite excited to be able to try the White Mountain Cupcakery, which I have "liked" on facebook for a while. I tried the Boston Cream cupcake and Kate had the Chocolate Raspberry. 


 Boston Cream cupcake

 Inside the Boston Cream

Chocolate Raspberry

Unfortunately, I will have to only say that they were good, but not great. I wish that we had gone earlier in the day, because by the time that we made it in it was closing time and the flavor selection was limited. It is far too easy to lose track of time when in the beautiful White Mountain Forest. The customer service was great, as they made sure that we had everything we needed even though we were there after they had actually closed. They also took our trash for us after we finished our cupcakes outside!

 I liked the cream for the Boston Cream cupcake and the butter cream was good, but Kate and I both felt that perhaps a ganache would have been a better choice instead of a frosting. The other cupcakes also had massive amounts of frosting on their cupcakes, which at a certain point just seems excessive, unless you really LOVE frosting (and I know some people do). 

We were unfortunately not there on the weekend, which is when they have their special daily flavors. I really wanted to try one of those ones! Or at least see what they came up with! I have pretty high expectations when it comes to cupcakes now, but I would go back to their shop the next time I am in North Conway. I loved their sign, which might sound weird and now I wish I had taken a picture of it, but it was really adorable. They were also really nice, which makes me like a place even if I'm not 100% pleased with the product. So, I look forward to the next time I can make it there. I hope that I can get the Green Mint Mountain Cupcake or maybe even be there on a weekend day with a special flavor that I will want to try. 
Check them out if you are in that area and let me know how you like them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment